Employers & Industry
Employers & Industry Partners
Everyone benefits when ICT businesses can hire from a talented local pool of skilled professionals. Working together we can increase economic vitality and social well-being in the Bay.
Colleges near you are producing thousands of ICT graduates every year – over 5,500 in the last two years.
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Bay Area Colleges produced 2,964 ICT graduates, up 3% from the year before.
Local students are graduating in a wide-range of ICT programs and degrees.
Hire For Your Future
The Bay Area ICT sector is H-O-T and competition for tech talent is high.
- Nationally, IT jobs will grow 11% from 2019 to 2029, faster than all other sectors.
- Locally, the demand is even higher. For example, the need for Information Security Analysts is predicted to grow 33% from 2019 to 2024.
- And that was before COVID. Now international hiring restrictions and the rise of people working from home require an even bigger workforce.
The Bay Area Community Colleges system is one of the most diverse in the country.
Its Student Population is:
African American: 6%
Students over 25yo: 32%
Most In Demand Tech Skills
Graduates are learning industry skills to prepare them for career pathways in ICT and Digital Media.
- Information Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Computer Programming
- Computer Software
- Computer Infrastructure & Support
- Office Tech/Office Computer Applications
- Audio Visual Technology
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance / Control
- Cloud Computing
- Systems Engineering
- Information Security
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Information Systems
- Network & Systems Administrators